Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas to You!



Here it is Christmas Eve, and I'm playing hooky from church and blogging. I took Lundy to the airport today. She's heading back to her dream home on the Gulf Coast - I'm more than a little envious - it's 47 degrees here in Memphis. We were only able to spend a little time together but it was good to see her face. I never thought I'd say it, but the ride to the airport is just a little too short!

DH and son have gone to church and they'll pick me up on the way to the Manheins' annual Christmas Eve gumbo celebration. This is only our second year to attend, but I hope it'll be a tradition for us for many years to come! When we get home, we'll sit by the tree and read Luke 2 from the King James Version.

I'm already thinking of new year's resolutions (spurred by the fact that I couldn't zip my favorite pair of jeans this morning). I always make so many, but this year I resolve to make them realistic. I'll post more on this later, and for now I'm going to tackle the Tiramisu detritus. Oh, I should say, it's the jello pudding version of Tiramisu - look at jello.com for the recipe. This just uses vanilla wafers, instant pudding, cream cheese and cool whip. I substituted Kalhua for coffee to drizzle on the wafers, so maybe that'll fancy it up a little. I don't want to hear from the foodies about this - I wanted something simple. Do you know how hard it is to find ladyfingers and how much stirring it takes to make custard? I guess you do, if you're going to fuss at me about my Tiramisu cheating! It's for our last family celebration of the year tomorrow at DH's parents, and after that, no more baking/sweets, I promise!

All for now.

Carol

No comments: