Sunday, January 27, 2008

Back in the Saddle

Evans is back to baseball practice/conditioning. Just about every day of the week. If not practice, he's running or lifting.

He's also driving to school every day so far this semester. That's been so freeing for all involved. He has a dentist appointment Tuesday morning, and will stop there on his way to school. It reminded me of his first checkup when he was two years old, and he laid in my lap in the dental chair and slept through the checkup! We've gone to church forever with our dentist, Dr. Tom, so didn't go the pediadontist route, so no kiddie-sized chairs, but we've been completely happy. Dr. Tom is a baseball fan, St. Louis Cardinals to boot, so he and Evans always have lots to talk about.

Evans' baseball season starts in February, and I'm not looking forward to the cold, windy hours of sitting outside, but it is fun to watch the games, and fun to catch up with the other moms. I always think of the days in July when we broil like rotisserie chickens - we span the whole Memphis temperature spectrum. For all my failures at being a good mom, I think the Saturday waffles and endless baseball game I've watched might redeem me in the end.

No comments: