Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Photo Tips


Ok, here's a non-food post! I noticed that while on my (very) modified low-carb endeavor, my last two posts have not only been about, but have included photos of extremely high-carb foods - pizza and cake! I have to say that I'm proud of my pizza photo. I took two - one with the flash and one without. The one without the flash is by far the better photo. I've been noticing that lots lately. The biggest problem with taking pics in natural light (except bright sunlight) is that the slightest movement of the camera will cause the photo to blur. I've propped the camera on books or furniture a couple of times, but someone told me about the Gorillapod. It will stand like a normal tripod or it can wrap around a small pole or adjust to an uneven surface. It's 6 inches high and weighs just 1.6 ounces, so can easily go in your purse or camera bag. I just ordered it from Amazon for $20 - free shipping. Can't wait to try it out. Maybe I'll start using the self timer and actually take pictures with all three of us in them for a change.

Has anyone tried this? I'll give you my review when it arrives and I try it out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that tripod, because it can wrap around things, like you said. I know when were were on Beale St in Feb of last yr, I wanted nice photos w/ the neon signs in background but even resting my hand holding the camera on a trash can couldnt steady it enuf. I could have wrapped it around a piece of pipe or someting if I'd have had that. But, I dont want to carry anything else in my purse, so it has to be worn as jewelry or something else too...maybe a purse handle could be fashioned for it...Carol, work on that idea.

Carol said...

@ anonymous,

Maybe a bracelet or hat! They do come in several bright colors, including pink!

Anonymous said...

Can't remember my user name or password???? SCARY! I never knew you were such a Fun writer- hate the pic of the bread- I have been on NO carbs or sugar for 2+ weeks- still crave it like CRAZY but NO migranes at all- we ARE what we eat! kim
what is the purpose of a blog?

Anonymous said...

i'm anonymous B/c I can't remember!