Saturday, January 26, 2008

More Signs of Spring

I took this photo of daffodil shoots the other day, on a quest in my yard for signs of spring. Of course, it's 31 degrees right now, and we are in the throes of winter - Memphis style. According to my Windows Vista Weather Gadget (love the gadgets), it will be 64 degrees Monday. Still, it's not as bad as in my former life, as an accountant, when I was facing three long months of sitting at a desk and cranking out lots and lots of audit/tax work. I made lots of money during those 50 hour weeks, but about 3 years ago, I woke up and knew I could never do another tax season. So here I am.

I'm writing my Saturday morning waffle-making blog. It was genius of me to put the laptop in my kitchen - now I can really multi-task. Of course, every once in a while, I get caught up in blogging and lose a waffle! The Hungry Teenager has commented more than once on his Saturday morning waffles (this tradition is just a few months old), so I've incorporated it into my day. I feel gratified to put my 22 year old wedding-gift waffle iron to use.

I'm thinking of getting a color scanner and Adobe Photoshop Elements. I might go with version 5 instead of the newer 6. It's much less expensive and apparently version 6 still has some bugs, especially with Vista. My only research consists of reader reviews on Amazon. Lundy gave me some other sites to research. Any thoughts about these products? All the Creating Keepsakes scrapbooking gurus use Elements, so I figure I can't go wrong.

Have I told you how wonderful Amazon is for any purchase? Recently I bought Microsoft Office 2007 at Sam's (we use Excel and Word lots around here), and subsequently found it on Amazon for $15 less - taking shipping charges (none) and sales tax (none with Amazon - 9.25% with Sam's) into account. Luckily, Sam's took it back since seal had not been broken. Will use $15 saved to buy cd's to burn all my million digital photos to cd and clean up hard drive. Gotta run to Office Depot today - received a coupon for 50% off - only good this weekend. Need paper, too.

No comments: