Saturday, January 12, 2008

Pinatas + The Bucket List


Mack and I met the cutest couple tonight at the theater. We went to see The Bucket List (loved it) and we went early to get one of those great seats right behind the handicap section with the great bars in front to prop your feet up on. Even though the theater was practically empty, I asked if I could sit right next to this young couple who were taking up two of the three seats with foot-props. I assured them the theater would be packed because this was opening weekend for the movie. Instead of thinking I was weird and clamming up, they merrily chatted with me. I knew I liked them when Mack asked them where their three little girls were tonight and the husband replied "They're out in the car." The wife said, "We cracked the windows for them so they'd have fresh air." So funny.

As we talked, we found out that Tricia, the wife, has an internet company which sells pinatas. You can order a pinata like the one above for Valentine's day at:

www.partywithpinatas.com

There are lots and lots of other cute pinatas and party kits. There's an interesting history of pinatas - there's actually religious symbolism involved! Tricia said she's been working on getting her site to rank higher in the search engines, and I told her about my friend Lundy, who's an expert at that. While checking to see where Tricia's site fell in a Google search, I ran across provocative pinatas as well as Osama Bin Ladin pinatas. Who would have imagined? I was afraid to look at either site!

Good luck to Tricia and Nathan. They're moving to Denver in February for a new business venture - we wish them all the best.

No comments: