Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Staff of Life...


...unless you're doing low-carb or no-sugar, no-flour, Sugar Busters or some other variant of Dr. Adkins' plan. If that's the case, do a Google image search for bacon. Be careful, though. I'm some freak has come up with perversions involving bacon. Be very careful of image searches. Just the other day, I was looking for an image of Betty and Veronica from the old Archie comic books. I was shocked to see the depths of depravity that were reached - using these two innocent and lovely girls. Nothing is sacred.

On to the subject of this post. Bread. I baked it tonight. Two batches, or the equivalent of six loaves. I'm doing Suzanne's great sourdough version. It's like a pet - you have to feed it and exercise it at least once per week, more often is better. Suzanne and I have exchanged many emails regarding sourdough breadmaking methodology, and I finally have a batch I'm pleased with. It's still kind of heavy and a little dense, but it'll pass.

Oh, I used my new Gorillapod for this photo. I love the G-pod. It lets me take photos in low light without blurring. I can tilt the camera for a different angle, push down to lower the vantage point or straighten legs to raise it. It's very steady and slip resistant. If you've ever stacked books to try to get the camera steady and to the right height, you will love this. I do.

No comments: