Sunday, January 27, 2008

More Food


In a nod to my new favorite blog, The Pioneer Woman Cooks (see link at left) and my strict new diet, I made one of my most favorite, simple, carb/sugar/fat laden desserts ever. It doesn't have a name - I've always just called it Mike's (my cousin) Wife's (her name's Sharman) Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Thing with Cream Cheese, but I've decided to rechristen it Carol's Cheating Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake. Too many, C's, couldn't resist. Don't you love alliteration?

It really is so easy. I show all the ingredients (except forgot to lay out one of the two eggs). You just mix the two things of cream cheese with the 2 eggs and 3/4 cup of sugar. Put one small (or 1/2 big) roll of chocolate chip cookie dough in the pan. Pour the cream cheese stuff on that, then lay the other half (crumble or just slice) of the cookie dough on top. Bake at 315 degrees (I never heard of anything at 315 degrees, but it works) for 40-45 minutes. Immediately take it to a neighbor (that's what I did). I resisted eating the errant pieces of cookie dough. That was the hardest part, because it's a reflex for me to pop cookie dough in my mouth, and no, I don't want to hear about the danger of salmonella in raw eggs - I figure I'm testing cake batter, cookie dough, etc., for the safety of the others who will be eating it. I know, it's a selfless, dangerous risk I take.

The egg thing reminds me. Does anyone else remember eating hard-boiled Easter eggs a month after Easter - straight out of the unrefrigerated bright pink plastic grass in the white plastic Easter basket with plastic flowers on it? Wait, I might be confusing the Easter basket with my bicycle basket. Anyway, how did any of us survive? Maybe that's why I can lick cake batter with no ill effects - I have surplus salmonella antibodies. And no, don't tell me that salmonella is bacteria, not a virus and therefore I cannot develop antibodies. I don't know if that's true, and I have a feeling anyone reading this won't know, so never mind about that.

Ok, it's time to end this prurient post. But first, I have to tell you the strangest thing (icing on the cake, so to speak). I checked the spelling (and meaning, too) for "prurient" at dictionary.com, and sure enough, it meant what I wanted to say, but right above it was an ad that said "10 Rules for Losing Belly Fat." Seriously. That's all.

No comments: