Friday, February 22, 2008

Cats are Predators


My most important task today was to buy cat food. They picture the huge (16 lb.) bag of food as an injured antelope in the Sahara. They'd kill and eat my family if they were big enough. I can see why people prefer dogs. Only thing is, they are easy. And our back yard is not fenced. I go round and round on the cats v. dogs thing, and I think dogs go better with Republicans, but that's neither here nor there. The cats are easy. They can manage the weekend alone. Big advantage.

I need to tuck the big bag of food into the airtight container so they don't rip the bag open like a poor zebra's belly - I'll have a mess to clean up. If anyone knows of a cat-lady who needs two more....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are certainly right - cats are easier than dogs! My dogs are so pampered, I am constantly filling up the water bowls, food, letting them in and out, it never ends! However, they give out so much love in return, it is all worth it. Both kinds of pets are all wonderful assets to a family, aren't they? Thanks! JE