Monday, February 25, 2008

Nothing to Eat!

After spending no less than $500 on food last week (well, $300 of that was at Sam's and included plenty of non-food items, I'm sure), I had nothing for dinner last night. The picture is of the great kit of seasonings and mixes I bought from Homemade Gourmet. It has lots of ideas, but I have to actually look in the box and pick up all the handy recipe hints included, and maybe remember what I decided on when I stop by the grocery store. I bought chicken on my way home today, gambling that I'll be able to pull something out out the box to combine it with. I'll let you know.

Just to be safe, I have some hamburger patties - that never fails to please the kiddo. Speaking of Sam's, don't you just love their stuff? My current Sam's favorites are lump crabmeat, Tuscan Bruschetta, mini-cucumbers that aren't bitter in the winter, fresh salsa and great strawberries for a bargain. I always buy a big thing of bananas, too - they're something like 98 cents - the only thing there for less than $9.88! Everyone says CostCo's better, but I hate to drive out to WolfChase (unless it's for the two amazing scrapbook stores), and there's a Sam's practically five minutes away from me on Covington Pike. Have to go during the week - it's a zoo on weekends. And don't ever go when they have a tasting event - I promise you, half of Memphis' families feed their kids there. The normally sweet old ladies hawking their samples get very grouchy that weekend when the kids are swarming around like catfish. It's kind of funny and sad at the same time.

Gotta call. Aforementioned kiddo's on the way home from baseball practice so I've got to start the aforementioned hamburgers! More later...

No comments: