Thursday, February 7, 2008

Survivor is Back!


Not a minute too soon and Survivor is back. You must watch it just for Yau-Man, pictured here. He's quite an amazing person. He's the Chief Technology Officer for the College of Chemistry at the University of California, Berkeley, and just the sweetest, kindest, truest Survivor contestant ever. I'll go out on a limb and predict he will win this one. I think my favorite Survivor moment ever was in a previous season when the Survivors were trying to open a big wooden crate that was dropped from a plane onto their beach. All the big, brawny guys were slamming the crate with a huge sledgehammer, to no avail. Little Yau-Man walked up, lifted the crate, and dropped it on its corner onto a rock. The crate cracked open. He modestly explained that the corner is the weakest point of a box. Applied science.

On tonight's episode, he used a drop of water on his glasses to magnify the sun's rays to start a fire in the coconut husks. More applied science. I'd want to be on Yau-Man's team.

My worst Survivor moment was when Dreamz traded a promise of the immunity idol (if he won it) to Yau-Man for a truck Yau-Man had just won on the show. Dreamz won immunity and then went back on his word and kept the immunity idol, causing Yau-Man to be voted off, only because the remaining players knew they would never win a vote by the other survivors between themselves and Yau-Man.

One more thing. Aren't you glad Johnny Fairplay was voted off tonight? I just couldn't take much of his smarmy posturing. I guess his teammates couldn't either.

Maybe I should start a separate TV blog. As a matter of fact, I need to cut this short so I can go watch Celebrity Apprentice on DVR.

No comments: