Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Love of Books (bibliophilia)


"Instead of going to Paris to attend lectures, go to the public library, and you won’t come out for twenty years, if you really wish to learn." Leo Tolstoy

"The closest thing we will ever come to an orderly universe is a good library.
Ashleigh Brilliant

"It is with the reading of books the same as with looking at pictures; one must, without doubt, without hesitations, with assurance, admire what is beautiful."
Vincent van Gogh

"If there’s a book you really want to read but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it." Toni Morrison

"Only in books has mankind known perfect truth, love and beauty."
George Bernard Shaw

I love books and libraries. Even more than scrapbooking but not as much as food. I spent some time at the main branch of the Memphis Public Library today, and now I have lots to read.

Check my latests lists (to the left) - Favorite Books and "Books to Read". Let me know your favorites.

No comments: