Friday, February 22, 2008

Heavenly Hyacinths!

I went to Kroger to buy cat food, only cat food. As I passed the produce section toward floral, I pushed my cart into a cloud of heavenly fragrance. At first I thought it must be lilies and then I saw the $4.99 potted hyacinths. They were half price. I bought this beautiful specimen. It has four amazing blooms. They were in several colors from purple and pink to this lovely very light pink - almost white. It was the Kroger on Sanderlin and there were only a dozen or so left. Beware: If you decide to go, remember that the tennis tournament is going on and traffic is a little hectic. What a sports weekend we're having in Memphis!

Let me know if you get in on the flowers, and if you ever have any luck with them coming back the following year if you plant the bulbs. I have a pink hydrangea in my yard that has struggled but survived for a number of years from a poor, usually short-lived grocery store plant!

No comments: