Friday, February 15, 2008

Girl Scout Laws


I just grabbed my Junior and Cadette scout manuals and got a kick out of the fact that I completed the Housekeeping badge. Anyone who's been to my house knows that one didn't stick! I read the Girl Scout Laws, and I think they're timeless. Here they are, from the 1969 edition: A Girl Scout's honor is to be trusted. A Girl Scout is loyal. A Girl Scout's duty is to be useful and to help others. A Girl Scout is a friend to all and a sister to every other Girl Scout. A Girl Scout is courteous, is a friend to animals, obeys orders, is cheerful, thrifty and clean in thought, word and deed. Wow, these are some great thoughts. I'll try to be a good Girl Scout today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carol,
You come up with such cute ideas for your blog. I try to look at them when I can! This one is so true - love the scouts!!
Thanks!