Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Stampin' Up + Entrepreneurial Friends


I went to a SuperBowl Scrapbooking Party at Archiver's Sunday and ran into Juli Bowen, my former Archiver's co-worker and fellow scrapbook fanatic. She said she reads my blog, so I thought I'd feature her here! She is SO creative. Maybe she'll let me feature some of her layouts or cards here soon. Well, if you're interested in hosting a Stampin' Up party or ordering some of their products, check her link at: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/stampwithjuli/ They have great cardmaking supplies in addition to scrapbooking stuff. She does a pre-teen cardmaking class - wouldn't that be a great Tween Birthday Party! If she can work Hannah Montana in, it would be a huge success - maybe you could charge admission!!

I seem to find myself surrounded by entrepreneurial people lately. I'm thinking of Juli as well as my friend Julia E. (beading), Angela L. (diaper cakes), Kim M. (Sweet Celebrations - beautiful cakes), and of course, the fabulous Lundy - web guru and my partner in the soon to come women's resource website (to be called MemphisMom.com).

For my crafty friends who are interested in selling some of their creations, take a look at Etsy.com (see link to the left). It's an alternative to eBay. You pay a small fee per listing and another fee when it sells. No baby-sitting auctions. It's geared to handmade items. It's a great place to find the going rate for your wares.

Let me know if you have any other tips or resources you'd like to share.

1 comment:

Juli said...

Thank you Carol! You rock! I was SHOCKED to see my mugshot up on your website! Thanks again .... hope to see you tomorrow night at the bible study crop!